Public Health Ontario has reported 370 new COVID-19 cases in its latest report (Oct. 24).
Today's update also includes 480 new recoveries and one death in the last month.
The Oct. 24 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Of the new cases reported today, 190 were unvaccinated people, 22 were partially vaccinated, 123 were fully vaccinated, and 35 are listed as vaccination status unknown (missing health card information).
- 3,258 active cases, down from 3,369 yesterday.
- 138 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario, down from 269 yesterday. *note: not all hospitals submit data on weekends.
- There are 137 patients in intensive care units because of COVID-19 (30 of those people no longer test positive for COVID-19) and 97 patients on ventilators (21 of those patients no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 25,328 tests were processed yesterday.
- Another 7,990 tests are still under investigation and/or being processed. To date, 18.8 million tests have been completed.
Variants of concern (Ontario-wide)
- 146,500 lab-confirmed cases of the UK variant strain of COVID-19 (B.1.1.7/Alpha variant).
- 1,503 cases of B.1.351 (also known as the South African variant/Beta variant).
- 5,230 cases of P.1, which is the variant strain that originated in Brazil (Gamma variant).
- 20,459 cases of B.1.617.2 (also known as the Delta variant).
- Another 57,536 cases have screened positive with a mutation detected, but the lineage for the variant strain not yet detected.
- According to Public Health Ontario, there are delays between specimen collection and the testing required to confirm a variant of concern. As such, the reports can change and can differ from past case counts publicly reported.
- There were 19,285 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday, down from 27,243 on Oct. 22.
- 22,385,190 doses of vaccine have been administered.
- In total, 10,931,045 people have been fully vaccinated.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 597,515 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 584,411 recoveries and 9,846 deaths, 4,022 of those in long-term care homes.