FOOD RECALL WARNING
CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY
- Food Recall Warning - Janes brand Pub Style Chicken Nuggets recalled due to Salmonella
- Recall date: March 21, 2019
- Reason for recall: Microbiological - Salmonella
- Hazard classification: Class 1
- Company / Firm: Sofina Foods Inc.
- Distribution: National
- Extent of the distribution: Consumer
OTTAWA - March 21, 2019 - Sofina Foods Inc. is recalling Janes brand Pub Style Chicken Nuggets from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
Brand Name: Janes
Common Name: Pub Style - Chicken Nuggets - Breaded Chicken Cutlettes - Uncooked
Code(s) on Product: Best Before: 2019 DE 15
UPC: 0 69299 12490 3
What you should do
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
This recall was triggered by findings from an investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
There have been reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Sofina Foods Inc.: 1-855-SOFINA1 (1-855-763-4621)
For more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.