The Elliot Lake Emergency Food Bank (ELEFB) is a charitable not-for-profit. It is our community's active response to the issue of food insecurity and hunger in Elliot Lake. The ELEFB is a community volunteer organization whose board of directors is formed from community members and representatives from our six founding churches.
The food bank acknowledges the hard work and dedication of its past and present volunteers and recommits to the task at hand; denying hunger a seat at the dinner tables of Elliot Lake.
- To serve our community by feeding the hungry
- Be an essential partner in the Elliot Lake Community Wellness Program
- Respect: We recognize the worth and dignity of every person and treat all with compassion
- Integrity: We act with honesty, trust, and transparency and deliver on our commitments
- Accountability: We are committed to maintaining public trust through efficient and effective use of our resources. We are mindful that our mission is accomplished through the generosity of others
- Excellence: We promise to excel at the delivery of our service and our commitment because our clients, stakeholders, and community deserve our very best.