ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
ELLIOT LAKE - On Jan. 16, 2020, at approximately 2:30 p.m., members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were responding to a disturbance call at a lodge north of Elliot Lake, Ont.
The complainant reported the suspects had since left. Vehicle descriptors were provided to police. While on route, police observed a pick-up truck matching the suspect vehicle description, parked facing southbound in the northbound lane of traffic.
Police attempted to speak to the driver, who proceeded to collide with the police cruiser. The suspect driver then sped off at a high rate of speed in a careless manner on Highway 108.
A short time after, the suspect fled on foot through the bush area. The suspect eventually exited the bush onto a logging road where he forced his way into a passerby's vehicle. Police intercepted the vehicle and arrested the male.
Joshua Lavallie, 29 years of age, of Sudbury, Ont., was charged with:
- Mischief, contrary to section 430(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, contrary to section 91(1) of the CC,
- Operation While Prohibited Under The Criminal Code, contrary to section 320.18(1)(a) of the CC,
- Dangerous Operation, contrary to section 320.13(1) of the CC,
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm (two counts), contrary to section 267(b) of the CC,
- Uttering Threats - Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC,
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order (three counts), contrary to section 117.01(1) of the CC,
- Failure to Stop After Accident, contrary to section 320.16(1) of the CC,
- Flight From Peace Officer, contrary to section 320.17 of the CC,
- Theft Over $5,000 of a Motor Vehicle, contrary to section 334(a) of the CC,
- Food and Lodging Fraud, contrary to section 364 of the CC,
- Take Motor Vehicle Without Consent, contrary to section 335(1) of the CC,
- Driving while under suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA),
- Drive Motor Vehicle - No License, contrary to section 32(1) of the HTA.
The accused was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Blind River, Ont. on Jan. 17, 2020.