Public Health Ontario has confirmed 88 new cases of COVID-19 today and two deaths.
The most recent deaths include two people over 80 years old. So far, the province has confirmed 2,802 COVID-19 cases have ended in death.
Of the new cases confirmed today, 61 were reported by three of the province's 34 health units.
A breakdown of new cases per health unit included in today's epidemiological report indicates 23 new cases reported by Toronto Public Health, 22 new cases reported by Peel Public Health, and 16 new cases reported by Ottawa Public Health. Twenty health units reported zero new cases.
The health unit breakdown data provided by the province today was collected from the provincial reporting system yesterday at 4:30 p.m.
Sixty of the new cases reported today are individuals between 20 and 60 years old.
To-date, the province has confirmed 41,695 cases of COVID-19, and reported 37,863 cases as recovered.
Based on information provided by Public Health Ontario in today's epidemiological summary, there are now 1,030 active, lab-confirmed cases in Ontario. There are 43 people hospitalized in the province with COVID-19, including 15 people in intensive care and 10 patients on ventilators.
The province also reports another 21,960 coronavirus tests have been processed since yesterday's update.
In Northern Ontario there are six known active cases.
The breakdown for the health units is:
- Algoma Public Health - 27 cases, rate of 23.6 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit - 35 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 37 cases. There are no known active cases.
- Porcupine Health Unit - 72, rate of 86.3 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 73 cases. There is one known active case.
- Public Health Sudbury and Districts - 94 cases, rate of 47.2 per 100,000 population. There is one known active case.
- Timiskaming Health Unit - 19 cases, rate of 58.1 per 100,000. There are no known active cases.
- Northwestern Health Unit - 44 cases, rate of 50.2 per 100,000. The health unit has reported 47 cases. There are two known active cases.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit - 103 cases, rate of 68.7 per 100,000. The health unit has reported 104 cases. There are two known active cases.
The Ontario rate of infection per 100,000 population is 280.5.